Better late than never, right? I’m afraid that is my new life motto now. Here’s what’s been happening around in our neck of the woods. We’ve been busy, busy, busy around here but here’s the highlight reel for the week.
5. Broke the blog there for a bit! Apologies as I still have no idea what I did. Matt gave me a shiny new Mac for my birthday and while lots of room for pics/videos and other mother must haves, it has essentially turned me into my grandmother dealing with the tech side. I’ve probably scarred my domain IT dept (bluehost- so good! So helpful!). Anyway, if anything looks weird or broken, let me know. I can’t promise I can fix it but I’ll do my very best to serve my dear readers. And if you’re looking to get my drivel delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe by typing your email addy into the box on the sidebar promising Ahrens in your Inbox. It’s only going to be fun mail!
4. WE HAD A BABY! Life’s been full and crazy with three but I feel like I’m back in the swing of it since hallelujah and amen, I am not pregnant anymore. More on that plus a birth story adventure to come. If you’re looking for real time updates, you’ll find the filtered moments on IG and the uncut footage on snapchat (beahrens).
3. Got that Christmas shopping done and feeling pretty smug. I used all my last minute pregnancy nesting to wrap it up (sorry). I have since realized that I’m going to have to be on my game for oh, the rest of forever since I now have two children’s birthdays sandwiching the holidays. I am also now realizing that my mother should be canonized as a patron lady of birthdays having all 4 kid’s birthdays within 3 weeks of each other and Christmas. The sheer logistics of that makes me want to take to my bed for days. So, gifts: our kids are getting The Big Santa Gift + stocking stuffers from us since our present crazy families can’t be tamed so I’m not sure I have more to add to the gift guides of the internet this year. If you’re looking for suggestions for your tots, Kate and Emily rounded up a nice selection!
2. Speaking of birthdays! I am currently crafting (while trying to be low key…right) and planning sister’s 2nd birthday. We’re going with Pancakes and Pajamas in an effort to keep it easy. Jillian made the cutest invites for us so of course I had to up my decor game to match.
1. ROSE BOWL! As in, the Hawkeyes are coming. We are obviously thrilled for that sort of bowl procurement as fans but as residents of Pasadena, we couldn’t be more excited to have an onslaught of Iowans on their way in January.
We’re planning a tailgate/parade brunch because, why not?! Here’s hoping this is not my reality.