Well hello there internets! I have missed you but this baby business hasn’t left me a whole lot of blogging time. Hudson just turned one month old…cue obligatory monthly onesie picture. Can you even handle the cuteness (or the tiny baby mullet)?
Any hoo, in my limited motherly experience I wanted to share our must haves for the weeks after having a brand spanking new baby.
1. Swaddle that baby up tight! I’m sure everyone has heard of these blankets but seriously, get them. Don’t even register for anything else. They’re nice and big (for those of us with toddlers for infants) but lightweight for the summer babies.
2. Once you can think straight after having that baby, sign up for the Amazon Mom subscription. You get three months free and then are charged for an Amazon Prime subscription. I love this service. You get 20% off diapers and wipes plus free 2 day shipping. This alone makes it worth it. Who wants to drive to Babies R Us with a tiny baby in tow?
3. We received a couple of fun lullaby CDs for shower gifts (Journey and DMB) but Jewel’s Lullaby CD takes the cake. Girl can belt out a mean Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Seriously, I love this CD, probably more than Hudson.
4. There’s an App for that. After three days of trying to write down all of the feeding, diapers and sleeping we sprung for the $4.99 Baby Timer App and it is worth every cent. After sleeping in two hour increments I could barely remember my name let alone the last time I fed the baby and all of the other details I’m supposed to remember.
5. A serious shout-out for our Moms. We would not have made it through the first couple of weeks without them. I ended up with an unexpected c-section, so recovery was more difficult than I anticipated. It was so nice to have someone cooking dinner and cleaning bathrooms so we could focus on the baby and I could rest and recover.
6. The hospital sent us home with some plastic-y pad things for the changing table. We didn’t think we would use them at all but they were awesome for two novice parents with a tiny tinkler on their hands. Once we ran out of the hospital pads we snagged these at Babies R Us (thanks for the tip Emily!). It’s a lot easier to throw these little pads away when you’ve been hit by the fountain of pee (or other unwieldy diaper business) at 3 am then worrying about throwing the changing pad cover in the laundry.
So there you have it. What was the one thing you couldn’t live without with a new baby? Anything I should have on my radar for the upcoming months?
Yo- this mama wasn’t paid or perked for mentioning any of these products. Heck, there aren’t even affiliate links included. Just love the stuff and want to share!